The Truman Review is published two times per year and distributed to alumni, parents of current students, and friends of the University free of charge.
History of the Magazine
The first issue of a quarterly publication called the Nemoscope was published in the fall of 1946 when Truman State University was known as Northeast Missouri State Teachers College. The Nemoscope contained articles about people, places, organizations and history from the northeast region of the state of Missouri, as well as articles on campus activities. “Alumni Notes” became a regular column in the Fall 1947 issue of the Nemoscope, and the column grew with each issue. The final issue of the Nemoscope was published in winter 1987, and subsequent issues of the magazine were published under a new name, the Northeast Review. The premier issue of the Northeast Review was published in Winter 1988. For the first couple of years after the name was changed, the “Alumni Notes” section was removed from the magazine and published in a separate publication called Nemoscope Notes. Starting with the spring 1992 issue, the “Alumni Notes” section returned to the Northeast Review. The name of the magazine was changed to the Truman Review starting with the fall 1996 issue, when the name of the school was changed from Northeast Missouri State University to Truman State University.